Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm ashamed of my appearance and intelligence. What should I do?

Okay firstly of all, you should never EVER be ashamed of your intelligence. This is so much more significant than being ashamed of your appearance. Remind yourself they are greater things to life than school and the grades you receive off them; there are other things, much more definitive things that represent your self worth than a measly grade on a piece of paper.
You have many talents outside of your education and should never ever let anyone take that pride away from you.

As for being ashamed for your appearance and I know this is hard to truly believe and process, but there ARE people, in fact there are multiple people, who walk past you every day and think you are attractive and aesthetically pleasing, without ever speaking or making any kind of human contact towards you.
Also, a generally handy tip to improving your self esteem is to NOT spend more than a quick glance in the mirror. The more you look at your reflection, the more time you have to analyse your supposed flaws and imperfections about your appearance.

If it helps, sometimes when I feel really low I look at myself in the mirror and say out loud that I am beautiful (which makes me feel like a huge dork, but helps me a little none the less) and it also helps to write out a list of all my redeemable qualities.
Also, talking and confiding to your friends about this kind of thing DEFINITELY helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment